Many patients who have recovered from the fatal COVID-19 are losing their hair in large amounts. According to specialists and doctors, it has become one of the most commonly reported symptoms among patients recovering from Covid-19. Although the second wave of pandemics has passed, the underlying health issues have remained. Recurrent skin allergies, rashes, dry eyes, weakness, and exhaustion are among the most often reported post-Covid-19 side effects, as is a worrisome consequence of substantial amounts of hair loss.
For most people, losing their hair is a stressful and emotional experience. Patients who have recovered from Covid-19 are seeing an elevated amount of hair loss owing to the stress and inflammatory responses produced by the viral disease. Individuals generally experience it after 30 days of recovery; however, it has been seen in certain patients during the Covid-19 period as well. Various shortages caused by a change in food habits, fever during the illness, stress from the virus, weight loss, worry, abrupt hormonal changes, and chronic post-Covid-19 inflammatory responses are only a few of the numerous causes of this unexpected temporary hair loss.
Hair loss with Covid is transitory and caused by a condition known as Telogen Effluvium. It is due to the body’s shock as a result of the fever and other symptoms experienced during Covid. Normally, a person loses up to 100 hairs each day, but Telogen Effluvium can cause this number to rise to 300-400 hair per day. There are many hair fall treatments for women.
How to reduce hair fall?
- Patients should eat a balanced diet that includes natural food sources of vitamins and iron during their post-Covid recuperation. There are two reasons for this: iron deficiency can hasten hair loss, and eating a protein-rich and balanced diet can help reduce temporary hair fall.
- People should only contact a doctor if they continue to have significant hair loss after waiting 5-6 weeks after eating a balanced diet.
- Additionally, some common hair care solutions that can be used to prevent excessive hair loss include using mild, paraben-free, and sulphate-free shampoos, keeping a close eye on the itchy and flaky scalp, refraining from oiling and massaging the scalp, using a wide-tooth comb.
- Stress is also one of the major reasons for hair loss. People should not stress, meditate and let healing and recuperation has their own time.
- One should avoid heat and chemicals for hairstyling and avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle to battle this temporary hair loss.
If hair loss persists after implementing these modifications, it is always advised to seek medical help. Hair loss will be slowed, and a faster recovery will be aided by obtaining a nutritional blood profile and correcting any deficiencies.
Apart from these tips, you can also seek hair loss treatment for women from Dr. Health clinic. It is one of the best trichology clinics that specialize in hair loss and hair fall treatment. They have qualified experts who treat and restore your damaged hair. They also treat premature greying, scalp infections, and also dandruff issues.
Dr. Shahid Shamsher is one of India’s first certified Trichologist practicing in the field of Trichology for 27 years and is recognized as one of the Best Hair Doctor in Bangalore. He is the only Trichologist in India to be simultaneously certified from the U.K, Australia, and India.