By Dr. Pranjal Shamsher, Skin Consultant, January 17, 2018
At some point of time, almost all of us have experienced the sudden acne that comes up without any warning. And the timing is always bad. You have an event coming up and you want to look perfect for the event. But you wake up that morning and see a cluster of red blazing acne on your face and your world shatters!
Almost 70 percent of teenagers passing through puberty suffer from acne. This happens primarily because of the hormonal changes taking place in the body during puberty. However other factors like genetics, vitamin deficiency, stress and atmospheric pollution may also play a contributing role. The various triggers put together increase the oil production causing bacterial infection and acne breakouts.
The puberty acne comes up in various forms like whiteheads, blackheads, pus filled pimples or nodules. Apart from the face, the acne can also come up on the chest, back and arms.
Studies have shown that acne in puberty is more severe in males as compared to females due to excessive production of male hormone androgen. Left untreated, puberty or teen acne can lead to irreversible scarring on the face. Early diagnosis and early medical intervention is required before it can scar the person for life.
15 Tips to Get Rid of Teen Acne
1) Watch your hygiene, shower after exercising
2) Use Products as per your skin type
3) Protect your skin from sun, dust and pollution
4) Don’t squeeze or pick acne
5) Keep your skin care simple and minimal
6) Avoid over-use of cosmetics
7) Change shaving razors regularly
8) Manage oily skin
9) Avoid junk food
10) Ensure a healthy bowel movement
11) Manage stress
12) Check for dietary deficiencies
13) Rule out thyroid disorders and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
14) Avoid elaborate facials and parlor treatments
15) Do not wait for acne to heal with time. It does heal eventually but scars you for life
To read more about how acne is formed, types of acne, causes of acne and treatment of acne click HERE.
Dr. Pranjal Shamsher is the first Skin Doctor in Bangalore to offer natural, non-surgical and non-invasive treatments for skin disorders. With over 25 years of experience in the field of Skin and Dermatology, Dr. Pranjal Shamsher has devised a unique Multi-Therapy approach involving the use of several therapies at the same, to treat the most stubborn, obstinate and long-standing Acne with 100% side-effect free results. Her integrated and Multi-Therapy approach has helped many chronic disease sufferers to recover safely without any side-effects.
Read More Skin Articles by Skin Consultant Dr. Pranjal Shamsher