Struggling with your oily hair and scalp, now you need not worry! It is a problem that can be dealt with easily. But you must know all the causes of it, and also the cure to each cause. For this, you must visit a hair clinic in Bangalore that can offer you one of the best Trichologists. He or she who can make you understand correctly and clearly all your hair needs problems and solutions.
Greasy hair does not make you look or feel good, it makes you conscious and you are not at your best. All of us want to move out in the world looking more confident and especially we wish our hair and skin to look healthy and beautiful. So, to avoid such a situation we must know the right cause and its correct solution.
What Causes Greasy Hair?
Several factors cause greasy hair and make it look dirty. You must have noticed that your hair often gets oily in summer in comparison to any other season. Yes, hair does accumulate more oil in summer than at any other time of the year. Let’s see what the reason behind it is.
- Sebaceous Glands: Hair follicles on the scalp deliver sebum which helps in lubricating the entire scalp and also provides the right amount of moisture to avoid any friction-induced damage. The Sebum is produced from the Sebaceous glands and spreads slowly throughout the scalp. The sebum prevents hair damage and breakage. However, the stress, medications, or hormonal imbalance causes hair loss, the sebaceous glands start overproducing, which in turn leaves the scalp oily and greasy.
- Scalp diseases: Scalp diseases can also influence greasy hair
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: Your scalp becomes itchy and scaly with stubborn patches. These patches are greasy, so when it flakes off, it leaves a greasy effect which leads to white or yellow dandruff.
- Scalp Psoriasis: It also forms patches, which are silvery scales on the scalp. These are not as stubborn as the ones in Seborrheic. When these patches flake off, it leaves a bleeding spot behind. These scales trap the oil or sebum under them and on flaking the oil is released leaving the hair greasy and sticky.
- The Shampoo: Shampoo plays a very important role in maintaining the health of your hair. There are thousands of shampoos available, each one claiming something, some repair, some maintaining protein, and some controlled damage. But there are chances that these shampoos might take away your natural moisture and oil content. These shampoos lead to increased activity of the sebaceous glands, which produces more and more oil leading to a greasy sticky scalp / hair. One must use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Hormones play a vital role in keeping the right texture of hair. In both males and females, the imbalances in the levels of hormones lead to over activity of the Sebaceous glands. A lot of females experience greasy hair during their menstrual cycle. Men who work out more or are indulged in athletic activities have greasier hair.
- Diet: Diet is influential in the overall quality of our hair but sometimes the wrong diet plan leads to hair loss. One must avoid Omega-6 Fatty acids in their diet. As it weakens the hair and makes it greasy. Omega -6 is found in nuts, poultry, eggs, and corn.
Now that we have a fair knowledge of the cause of the problem, it gets easy to find its solution.
How to Get Rid of Greasy Hair?
The good news about greasy hair is that it is not a permanent problem and it can be resolved. There are a few things that can keep you away from a greasy scalp / hair. If you are facing an issue, then you need to take assistance from a trichologist. Do visit a hair specialist in Bangalore who can give you step-by-step guidance for your problem. They suggest:
- To use a shampoo that contains amino acids and helps to control the excess oil on your scalp
- To use clarifying shampoo that helps to clean your scalp completely. This shampoo comprises peppermint oil and tea tree oil that will leave your scalp refreshed. It is a good product for dissolving oil on your scalp and trichologist suggests for everyday use.
- To use a shampoo that has little amount of salicylic acid. It helps to eliminate buildup on your scalp.
- To use a shampoo that is especially meant for cleansing your scalp and hair. Moreover, it is apt for fine hair and is supplemented with biotin as well as magnesium.
- To use a shampoo that comprises natural ingredients such as grapefruit seed or jojoba oil, thereby leaving your scalp healthy and not oily.
Having healthy hair as well as balanced scalp needs an all-round approach. So, it is important to remember to take care of both inner and outer hair. This will in turn bring wellness into your life and your worry for oily hair will go away!
Dr. Shahid Shamsher is one of India’s first certified Trichologist practicing in the field of Trichology for 27 years and is recognized as one of the Best Hair Doctor in Bangalore. He is the only Trichologist in India to be simultaneously certified from the U.K, Australia, and India.