What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition involving the oil-producing glands in the skin. It can affect people in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and beyond. It is caused when the oil glands are influenced by hormones called androgens. Androgens are male hormones but are present in both men and women.
- When faced with a trigger like stress, pollution, consumption of certain foods or usage of certain skin care products, the hormones affect the oil glands making them overactive and increase the production of oil.
- The inner lining of the follicle thickens making the duct narrower.
- The increased oil and dead skin flowing through narrow ducts causes a traffic jam kind of a situation plugging up the follicle.
- The decaying and stagnating oil becomes food for skin bacteria called Propionibacterium Acnes which then thrive, multiply and establish a “bacterial housing society” under the skin surface, resulting in breakouts of acne from time to time or for years to come.
- The bacteria secrete various enzymes that cause inflammation, redness and swelling that is typically seen in acne.
- The severity of the resulting lesions depends on the extent of the damage. It may range from a small pimple to a larger nodule or cyst.
As a leading clinic providing one of the best Acne Treatment in Bangalore, we take utmost care to analyze the stage and severity of every case of acne using advanced Derma Tec Analysis.