Trichologist Dr Shahid Shamsher tells us the common reasons why…..
1. Fungal infection. This is the most common reasons. Seen as persistent large flakes of dandruff which do not go even with shampooing. Sometimes this causes much hair fall as well and the infection also spreads to eyebrows, ears, corners of nose.
2. Oily scalp. Some people have a greater than normal oil secretion of the head, which when not controlled with proper hair care can lead to much itching and irritation. This typically comes out as white scales in your nails when you scratch.
3. Bacterial infection. Seen as small pimples on the scalp which keep coming and going for years to end. When you scratch they burst and give out pus. In more severe cases can lead to large patches of baldness.
4. Lice infestations. Mostly seen in school going children and their mothers who then catch it from them.
5. And lastly, but seen often as well-Psychological. Sometimes all it takes to stop the itching is for you to stop scratching your head. Get that hand out of your head.
Dr Shahid Shamsher is a leading Trichologist certified from UK, Australia & India. Practicing since 27 years in the field of Trichology, even today he consults every patient personally himself rather than leave it to assistants. He can be reached on 080 42067474 / 75.